Monday, April 25, 2005

My final week in Lister....

When I finished writing my blog the other day I didn't even realize that I was leaving it so that I only had a week left of living in Lister. It's truly coming to an end, and I'm not sure what to feel. I am actually quite sad right now (perhaps in part to my dreadful Chemistry exam) and I feel stuck in the middle. For the last little while I wanted to leave and go home so bad but now I am starting to do a 180 and wish I could stay here. I'm leaving so much behind to go home to what I had before, even though it is nice sometimes. Is not having school really worth the sacrifices of experiences, friends, an independent life?? Now that I have truly had a chance to think about this I would have to say no. I think I would deal with school if I had the chance to stay here. Everything that I have become accustom to these last few months is going to be dumped out the window come Wednesday. I think I truly became a new person over the year, and it allowed me to understand what it important to me. I made so many close friends this year and I was allowed to see them everyday and who knows when I will get to see them now. And living with Leanne I also realized that I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have her as a friend. We were good friends in Calgary, and we kind of made this transition together and learned so much about each other and then we are moving back to Calgary together and working together and who knows when it will all end.... One day we will start working and following are careers and that may lead us in a different path and things change. It makes me realize how much I will cherish this year because it's taught me so much and had probably been one of the best years of my life. I started going to the bar, I made some awesome friends, I had a few guy experience (maybe not quite as many and Leanne, Alison, and Dani. lol) which I have never had before, I gained a greater independence because I could do what I wanted, when I wanted! Now I'm going home, living under my parents roof, which means I follow their rules. My dad even said the other day that I have to pass his test for driving a standard before he will actually let me out by myself. I mean I love my family and I have an awesome house, but the fact that it's out of town also creates a problem for when I'm going out because I can't just catch a bus home or walk. There are always pros and cons to everything. Life is so COMPLICATED!! Oh well. I just want to say goodbye and don't forget this year, because I know I won't, and here's to just as many good times next year. And I'm looking forward to a fantastic summer with all my old friends and family, and making money. Less than 48 hours and my like is going to be be flipped upside down again and I am going to be treading in new and unknown territory all over again!
Goodbye Lister, and my first year of University. *sigh*

So anyways, now that you are done reading my somewhat depressing blog, I am going to finish off my life story of the last few days. So Thursday I got up and studied a bit and then later we went outside in this continual beautiful weather and studied some more as well as tanned. I love summer time, I wish I lived in a place that was like this all the time and I could go and visit the snow. Haha. So anyways, I went inside later and studied some more and procrastinated as usual. Leanne went over to her cousins later and I stayed up and studied and then went to bed. Friday I had to awaken bright and early to write my Economics final which wasn't too bad. I really am not sure how I did... Then I studied a little bit and Nicole came to get me at 2 to go and watch my cousins Kaitlyn and Jason play rugby because they were in town. It was fun actually. I kinda wish I played rugby. I would have been good at it!! Then we left and went to pick up Nicole's friend Caitlyn who is so cool. I'm glad we are friends now. But anyways, we headed to Brian's shop and I got to drive the Envoy. After meeting up we went to Boston pizza for dinner and drinks, although I didn't drink because I was driving. After that we drove around for a bit, bought some alcohol and the girls went back to Nicole's place and we had a fire and talked for a bit, which was fun. They are making me want to go to Big Valley more and more now. Oh well. So then we went in and watched A Cinderella Story and Matt came to pick up Caitlyn and then we went to bed. I got up at like 9:30 Saturday and had some toast and then started to study. I sat there all day studying except for the odd distraction like checking my email and showering. Then we made dinner, which was very tasty as usual and chatted. After that we watched O.C.C. and then everyone went to bed and I stayed up and watched more TV and played on Nicole's computer. I was going to go back to Lister but Nicole was tired to I just crashed there again. It ended up being a good thing because Olga took us out for breakfast and I had the most incredible waffle. So many Strawberries and so much whip cream.... YUM! Then Olga drive me back and asked again if I just wanted to study at there place but I was like no it's my time to be back. But I probably should have taken her up on her offer because I really didn't study much yesterday and me and Leanne chatted and then she left me anyways. Haha. We are playing Lister tag. I was outside for quite awhile yesterday and I had candy and a slurpy and burnt my arm in the hot weather. Then I sat in my room for the rest of the night talking on msn and studying (which I should have done more of). This morning I awoke to face my doom in Chemistry. It was worse then I thought it would be. Apparently I'm just not smart because studying didn't really seem to help, but I guess it's too late now and man am I glad to be done!! Now I am writing a blog and I will be off studying for Stat's right away. Lets hope that test goes better. Anyways, I really need to stop typing now because I have wasted far to much time already!! Later my lovelies!! <3


No comments: