Friday, February 11, 2005

I have lost my MIND!!

I think I can officially say that this was the worst week of my university following one of my best. Last week was amazing with Skulk, the floor coming together and Mystery Lake. The only problem is, I didn't get much sleep, and this week hasn't been any better so I have been running on minimal sleep and a lot of adrenaline. It is getting to me now though because I have had a headache for 3 days now and I am becoming forgetful and absent minded. Oh and my little issue of being dyslexic has decided to resurface too. Wednesday night wasn't to bad, although I spent multiple hours sitting here at my computer trying to pump out a good essay, staying up till 2:00 am only to be half to 3/4 done and with nothing else to say. I did talk to my Dad though which was nice because he has been busy lately and I can't wait to go home and see him for his birthday. Man will that be a party. I talked Jeff too which was good because he's amusing.... He was kinda handy to have too because a girl on his floor helped me and Leanne with our Stat's assignment. We finished that and then walked it over to CAB and then picked dinner up on our way back because we were hungry and it was getting late. I learned a new trick too. We got Edo and I decided to try the chop stick thing again cause I still hadn't mastered it and I really wanted to learn how to do it and I DID!! I was very proud. It was good times. Anyways, this was spectacular compared to my day yesterday. Man was that a disaster. I have been so busy this week that I don't even think my brain can function normally anymore. I realized this morning that with my escapaded yesterday I ended up forgetting to hand in my Chem 102 lab report when I had finished early. Aaaaahhhh!!!!!! You should have seen me this morning. Man was I pissed. I still am actually because there is no excuse except for me being absent minded. What can I do about it now though? But anyways, the reason why I was distracted yesterday was because I had Econ which is very involved and interesting, and I was hoping to get my mark in that, but I haven't yet. Then I had Organic Chem which I had to try and understand because I never know what he is talking about and that is kinda important. Plus we had a quiz and I hadn't really studied and I probably failed. The only thing good about yesterday was lunch with Dani. Wow can we talk a lot and about random shit too. Good old sex talks. Lol. ;) ;) I indulged a little too because I had Burger King with fries this time. I haven't had fries since before Christmas. They were dame tasty too. And then there was my Organic Chem lab. Man was that an adventure. It has officially turned me away forever. I screwed up, broke things, and just did not have a good time. I started the experiment but I misread the directions and I could have fixed it was I was like oh well and kept going and ended up screwing it up royally. So after an hour and 15 minutes of working with a hopeless experiment my TA finally told me I could start over. Class was almost half over. Like seriously. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!! So anyways, in the process of doing my experiment the first time I broke my drying tube so I had to barrow someone else's the second time around. I was doing really well and I was going to actually finish on time. I had my crystals and all I had to do was recrystallize. But the solid I had needed to be moved into a flask so I used a funnel but it got stuck. So I was banging it a little because I wanted to get all the crystals for a good percent yield and I should have just let it be. Instead I kept trying and ended up breaking the flask with all my crystals in it which then spilt all over my lab bench. I freaked. I collected what I could of the crystals, recrystalized, and finished off my lab. I was the last one there with no time to spare and I hadn't even done my melting point yet. I was not leaving that building without doing the melting point. I never want to look at that experiment again even though I still have the write up to do. I hate Organic Chem. HATE IT!!! Why do I put myself through this?? So I finished that and walked back to Lister in dismay. It was weird because as I walked my anger and frustration turned into sadness and when I hit my room the tears started to come. Grrr. I had some peace though and then Alison, Leanne, and Dani came in and they succeeded in cheering me up. We did the Gateway's famous purity test to see how pure we really are. It had some really fucked up questions but it was funny. I wasn't as pure as I thought with an 80. But I wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of people on our floor. Kjell is way up they with like 475 and Kyle isn't that much further behind with 401. It's crazy. Dirty, dirty men. Hahaha. So ya, that made my day a little better. We went and had dinner and then I spent a few hours working on my essay before the O.C. Omg, was that a good show. Marissa and Alix kissed, which made the guys super happy. Oh and then Sandy pissed the hell out of me. It was valentines day, he ditched his wife to go say goodbye to his ex-fiance and then he kissed her. THAT BASTARD. He totally deserved that shaft at the end from Kerstin. Hahaha, so good. But sadly, I then had to return to my computer to spend another 5 hours typing away at my essay. I am a little more confident about this one though. I hope I do ok.... The only thing is my Stat's suffered the consequences. I did not study for my midterm at all. I never studied at all. But I think I might have actually done ok because it is such brain dead work. Most is common sense and plugging the info into the formula. I guess I have to wait and see for that too. Then there was English which was just as stupid as always, and Chem where we had a demonstration, which was actually kinda entertaining and sounded like fire works. Good times Chemistry is. But that has been the extent of my day. Other then that I came back here and have sat at my computer all afternoon and done absolutely nothing. It's fantastic!! I am awaiting to go to the mall with Nicole and looking forward to tonight and the drunkness and playing quarters. I have made a bet with Jeff to see who wins. It should be good. Lol. But I think that is all I have to say for now and I am kinda tired of typing and this blog has already past its length. Peace Out Biatch!!

1 comment:

Sassy Alie said...

My Word Girl...It has been a long week for you..but I dont think many other people can speak and say its been a super week. I know mine hasn't. Everyone can say they are in the same boat...we are just all starting to burn out and are ready and anticipating going home next week. So continue to bite the bullet and you will sail through. I'm glad that we were able to cheer you up yesterday...I was really worried about you